Bravo 👏 Gumnuts from Bickie
Go plastic free in July!
Juniors made a pledge at guides to reduce, reuse & recycle ♻️. Say no to single use plastic like straws, plastic bags & plastic cups! They made badges to wear & one for a friend to wear. Spread the word & go plastic Free!. Part of the EnviroGuide Badge 2017 (to be sewn on back of sash).
Tonight we will be doing our “Home Badge” as a group. All of this can be done at guides tonight (no preparation needed).
Juniors / Gumnuts,
I am in need of a regular unit helper for juniors & gumnuts. Guides Victoria ratios requires us to have 2 adults at all times during the meeting. As you know, Minga (my mum) is a great help! She is our District Manager & a member of the Region team. She has also been a Girl Guide Leader for over 20 years in Carrum (35 years as a leader!). I want to “let her off the hook” on a weekly basis & allow her to come down occasionally (not weekly).
Unit Helper role would include: –
- Be at junior & gumnut guides meetings from 6:10pm till 7:30pm each Tuesday.
- Have a current Working With Children Check (this can be arranged through Guides Victoria if required).
- Have Level 2 First Aid (including CPR, Asthma & Anaphylaxis) – can be arrange through Guides Victoria if required.
- No programming or leadership training required or necessary during the nights.
- We just need someone who is willing to help out & attend each week.
Comment here, or email Bickie. Thank you.
Juniors / Gumnuts
Parent Help is needed – please have a look at our program & let me know what dates you can assist us with. All parents need Working With Children Check (if you need one, please let me know as I can arrange for this through Girl Guides Victoria).
Parents / Guardians,
Here is the information about the sleepover at the hall plus our August Action event. We will be running a “Walk-a-Thon” on the Sunday around the park behind the hall for the juniors & seniors will be venturing off further. Please read the post about August Action so you know more about what we are doing. Thank you Bickie
Sleepover @ Hall details are: –
When: 19th September 3pm till 20th September 2:30pm
Cost: $25 (includes all food) – RSVP by 8th September for catering purposes
What to Bring: see “Kit List” below
ADM27: This form is essential (your daughter can only attend if this double sided form is filled out correctly)
Jamborella is here! 5 to 9 years only
Junior / Gumnuts Guides need a parent helper to organise parents for our program for Term 3. Parent help makes our night run smoother
Duties include: –
- Establishing parents for roster
- Be a parent contact if helpers need to swap nights
- Ensure parents attend for duties